Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015 Getting Colder

Hey y'all it's getting colder well this week was crazy!! We got to do service 4 times this week we did it Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Monday today. It was good doing service I just love service it is always fun if you have a good attitude. I exerted so much energy with wood chopping this morning! It was crazy because I got the axe stuck in some wood and I took the axe and picked up the wood and slammed it down on another piece of wood and the piece of wood broke into like 4 pieces and splinters the splinters got stuck in my hand and sliced my pinky open it looked gross until I cleaned out the dirt and splinters and blood. Like I said I exerted so much energy during wood chopping this morning. My shirt was soaked I took it off and could wring out the sweat it was crazy my legs were all shaky and wobbly I was soaked and I was wet and sweaty and salty and nasty a shower never felt so good!! All is well life is great!!

Well the spirit was super strong this week. I had one of my prayers answered on Thursday and this is a prayer I prayed in the morning. I prayed for the opportunity to serve someone and well at 4 o'clock we were driving and all of a sudden we see this lady pulling weeds with this odd looking tool I had never seen before. It has like a rake on one side and on the other side it is sort of like a hoe anyways we stopped and asked if we could help we shook her hand and then I took the tool and worked hard and uprooted those weeds. Not only did we get the chance to do service but we got to meet her and she referred us to her boyfriend who is less active! So that was definitely a blessing.

One cool thing that I got to do that most people won't have the opportunity to do on their mission was I got to dedicate a grave. Serving with a branch has been a great honor and privilege because I get to experience things I would not be able to experience had I not been called to serve where I am. The spirit was so strong in that house during the testimony sharing meeting. You could definitely feel a spirit of genuine love and compassion for the couple who had a miscarriage. But it was soooo great we all said today is a day of sadness but also a day of great joy and praise. An investigator we have pretty much quoted a whole chapter and she didn't even know it she pretty much quoted the whole chapter of Alma 32. Then we went to the family cemetery and buried the body where I had the privilege of dedicating the grave. The spirit was sooo strong. It was a really cool experience. I was pretty nervous but it was cool!!!

I know that I have been called on my mission to this specific area. I have been called to labor among the Apache Native Americans. My # 1 reason for serving my mission is that I want to do the WILL OF MY FATHER IN HEAVEN!! If that means more fasting I'll fast more if it means study through my lunch and dinner break I will gladly do it. I will spend every ounce of energy in my body to do the will of the father!! I know God lives I know that he is my father and that he loves me. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. He suffered and bled and died for me he knows my sorrow my grief and my pain. I love my savior Jesus Christ. He is my brother my redeemer and my friend. I know the Book of Mormon is true I have had the spirit testify powerfully of its truthfulness so powerfully that I could not hold back my tears. Everyone if you don't have a testimony start with the desire to have one. Plant your seed in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Nourish your seed feed it and it will grow into a beautiful tree. That tree will bear fruit and then you must share the fruit share your testimony often and to all people and they will plant seeds of their own go out and do God's work here upon the earth. You don't need a badge to do Gods work.


Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment