Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016 Prayer and the Atonement

My ipad screen is broken - great way to start off right? No hahaha. Not funny.

The atonement is the single most important act from the beginning of time through the never ending eternities. So it is the most important and perhaps one of the least understood principles of the gospel. The atonement of Jesus Christ is beautiful. Through the atonement we BECOME. We BECOME a new person in and through Jesus Christ. We can't just change our behavior rather we need to change our nature as we do so our behavior changes and our will changes. Our will turns to gods will and we BECOME very powerful and fruitful in our lives.

So if you are going through a hard time ask God in prayer for the strengthening and enabling power of the atonement. it isn't just their for sinners, it is there for all of us. So you know we are put through challenges for our growth I'll give you an example Saturday I was going through a rough time I asked the lord "Heavenly Father, please give me the strength to endure what you want me to do! I don't know why I was called here to serve in this specific area." Well I got an answer to that prayer a missionary I live with who is not my companion stopped me and we went into his study room where he sat me down and read from the D&C which said I have called you to this place to save souls and bring them unto me. So why am I here? So simple I am here in Mesa to save souls to do my best to help others come unto Christ or to return and I can do that through strength given to me by God.

So in prayer if you are going through a hard time don't pray for God to take the situation away. Instead use the atonement let it help you in your life. Pray for the strength to get through your challenges. Life isn't gonna be all sunshine and lollipops, but it can be. Through the strengthening and enabling power of the atonement of Jesus Christ your life can be so simple and your burdens can be light.

I'll end with a scripture: Mosiah 24:13 "And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort."

So lift up your heads and be of good comfort. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment